CONSTITUTION OF: Cynhyrchiadau Pam Lai?
ADOPTED ON: 20th November 2017
The name of the Group shall be: Cynhyrchiadau Pam Lai?
The aims of the Group shall be: to stimulate and support cultural collaborations between communities and organisations in Wales and Euskal Herria
In order to achieve its aims the Group may:
- Raise money
- Open bank accounts
- Take out insurance
- Employ staff
- Acquire and manage buildings
- Organise courses and events
- Work with other groups and exchange information
- Do anything that is lawful which will help it to fulfil its aims
- Membership shall be without regard to gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual preference, religion or belief.
- Membership will be extended to anyone willing to work to support the organisation's aims, and willing to support the organisation's policies.
- Every individual member and each organisation shall have one vote at General Meetings.
- The membership of any member may be terminated for good reason by the Management Committee but the member has a right to be heard by the Management Committee before a final decision is made.
- The Group shall be administered by a Management Committee of the Officers and not more than 2 other members elected at the Group`s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- The Officers of the Management Committee shall be: the Chair, the Finance Officer and the Secretary.
- The Management Committee shall meet at least 6 times a year.
- The Chair shall Chair all meetings of the Group when available. Another officer shall take this role if the Chair is not available.
- The quorum for Management Committee meetings shall be 2 members.
- Voting at Management Committee meetings shall be by show of hands. If there is a tied vote then the Chair shall have a second vote.
- The Management Committee may by a two-thirds majority vote and for a good and proper reason remove any Committee member, provided that person has the right to be heard before a final decision is made.
- The Management Committee may appoint another member of the Group as a Committee member to fill a vacancy provided the maximum number is not exceeded.
- Duties of the Officers
- The duties of the Chairperson are to:
- chair meetings of the Committee and the Group
- represent the Group at functions/meetings that the Group has been invited to, or delegate this task to another officer
- act as spokesperson for the Group when necessary
- The duties of the Secretary are to:
- take and keep minutes of meetings
- prepare the agenda for meetings of the Committee and the Group in consultation with the Chairperson
- maintain the membership list
- deal with correspondence
- collect and circulate any relevant information within the Group
- The duties of the Finance Officer are to:
- supervise the financial affairs of the Group
- keep proper accounts that show all monies collected and paid out by the Group
- The duties of the Chairperson are to:
- Any money obtained by the Group shall be used only for the Group.
- Any bank accounts opened for the Group shall be in the name of the Group.
- Any cheques issued shall be signed by the Treasurer and one other nominated official.
- Annual General Meeting
- The Group shall hold an Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) in the month of March each year.
- All members shall be given at least fourteen days' notice of the A.G.M. and shall be entitled to attend and vote. The quorum for an A.G.M. shall be 5 members.
- The business of the A.G.M. shall include:
- receiving a report from the Chairperson on the Group`s activities over the year
- receiving a report from the Treasurer on the finances of the Group
- electing a new Management Committee and
- considering any other matter as may be decided.
- Special General Meeting
A Special General Meeting may be called by the Management Committee or by any 3 members to discuss an urgent matter. The Secretary shall give all members fourteen days' notice of any Special General Meeting together with notice of the business to be discussed. All members shall be entitled to attend and vote.
- Alterations to the Constitution
Any changes to this Constitution must be agreed by at least two-thirds of those members present and voting at any General Meeting.
The Group may be wound up at any time if agreed by two-thirds of those members present and voting at any General Meeting. In the event of winding up, any assets remaining after all debts have been paid shall be given to another Group with similar aims.
This constitution was adopted at a general meeting of the Group on 20th November 2017